Senior Day Care
Senior Day Care
to schedule a visit.
| Our Senior Day Care service offers high quality, professional care in a secure and comfortable environment which enables participants to develop relationships outside the family in a socially stimulating setting by:
o Introductions to other participants.
o Providing participants time to adjust to group dynamics.
o Encouraging socialization thereby reducing or preventing physical and emotional withdrawal and isolation.
• Maximizes participants’ wellbeing by lessening, delaying or preventing functional regression through structured daily activities.
• Provides time for the family to review and evaluate other care alternatives for the elderly loved one, in order to delay institutionalization or long-term care placement.
• Provides family caregiver(s) with time and opportunity to care for their own needs and/or to pursue their own interests by providing temporary or short-term care to their elderly family members outside of the home.
• Provides the caregiver with relief from the demands of care giving so they may refresh and rejuvenate themselves, enabling them to continue to give in-home care to elderly family members.
Programs & Services
• The PCH Senior Day Care is a well-balanced program of activities and services to enhance the participants well being and to maximize the individual’s functioning.
• Participants will be supervised by PCH Senior Day Care staff throughout the entire period on Campus.
• Programs are provided by professional, trained healthcare providers.Services include initial and periodic assessment and evaluation of the individual and consultation with responsible parties/family members as needed.
• Counseling and referral to a social agency or Gerontological specialty facility will be made when the participant has interpersonal, behavioral or family-related problems.
• Supervision and personal care services by PCH Senior Day Care staff are provided to insure the safety of each participant. The staff shall provide assistance for toileting and other personal services.
• Each individual is encouraged to participate in activities and to develop self-help skills.
Those who are prone to be withdrawn or passive are given particular encouragement.
• Therapeutic, social, educational, recreational and other specific activities are provided and include:
o Daily exercise as tolerated by the participant and/or prescribed by the doctor.
o Hand-eye coordination activities.
o Opportunities for creative expression through arts and crafts.
o Facilitated reading of magazines and books.
o Listening to music and watching travel/educational television programs.
o Inter-generational activities with students and other from within the community.